GOLF COURSE OPEN
Beginning Saturday, August 8th, the golf course, practice range, and golf shop will remain open until 7 PM. The ball machine door will close at 7 PM and last ball must be hit by 7:30 PM. Golf shop access will remain restricted for all golfers and check in will stay at the front doors of the golf shop, facing both putting greens.
The last tee time for golfers who have chosen to ride will be 3:48 PM. Walking only will be permitted between 4 PM and 7 PM.
Beginning Monday, June 29th, the practice range will be OPEN on a modified basis. The following items detail how the practice range will operate moving forward starting on Monday:
- The ball machine will be open and we’ll be hitting off MATS ONLY from 8:30am to 5 pm with the last ball hit by 5:30 PM.
- Golfers will be able to hit from a designated warm up area (you will be allowed to hit one token worth of balls for a warm up session) before the round and others who wish to practice (post round or while not playing) will be able to do so at the practice section of the range tee. Depending on how busy the practice section of the range is there will be a (2) token limit for practicing. We will have less hitting spaces than normal to ensure proper social distancing and safety on the tee area. Please continue to arrive no earlier than 45-60 minutes before your tee time
- A UNC Finley staff member will be monitoring range patrons to ensure social distancing and proper usage of the warm up and practice sections of the range tee; should you have any questions about range usage this person will be able to assist
- The short game area (bunker and pitching green) will remain closed at this time; you can continue to chip on the lower putting green. Thank you in advance for hitting chip shots that do not go higher than hip high. Pitching is still not allowed on the lower green.
- The practice balls, baskets and tokens will be sanitized after each use; thank you for following our procedures so we can allow players to safely enjoy pre round warm up and practice sessions on the range.
Beginning Friday, June 26th we will have a minor update to our golf operations. The following update will be in conjunction with the rest of our current operations listed below:
- All pool noodles in the holes will be cut down in size for the pool noodle to be below the surface of the hole. This will allow the golf ball to rest on top of the pool noodle and allow for the appearance of the ball going in the hole. During this time we ask that you still LEAVE THE FLAGSTICK IN THE HOLE.
- These pool noodles will also be retrofitted on the practice putting greens and we ask that you also leave them in their respective cups. Should you inadvertently touch the flagstick or the cup when picking up your ball, we recommend carrying your own bottle of hand sanitizer for safety precautions. This change will be in effect until further notice.
Beginning Monday, April 20th, we will have the following updates to our procedures surrounding COVID-19. Highlighted items signify a change to prior procedures:
- Tee times will begin each day at 9 am and conclude at 5 pm.
- Tee Times will be in 15 minute intervals in order to spread out play and reduce the opportunity for interaction.
- The clubhouse will be closed with no access for players.
- There will be ONE bathroom open at the Turn House adjacent to the practice range. This bathroom will be monitored, cleaned and sterilized throughout the day by our staff. Usage of the bathroom will be limited to one person at a time. If the restroom should need attention, please inform a member of the staff immediately.
- The Naismith Grill will now offer a limited menu of items at the Turn House adjacent to the practice range as well. These items will be available 9 am to 5 pm, 7 days a week. At this time we will only be accepting Credit Cards, no cash accepted. REMINDER: Outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises at all times.
- Water coolers have been removed from the golf course on holes 3,6,9,12,15, & 18.
- Rakes have been removed from the course; please use your foot to even out the bunker when done. If you encounter a poor lie in the bunker give yourself relief and a good lie (enjoy it while you can).
- All ball washers have been removed from the golf course.
- Please keep the flag stick in AT ALL TIMES.
- Riding is allowed 9am-3pm, single-rider golf carts only unless you’d like to ride with a family member. This creates the potential that we could run out of golf carts and they are on a first come, first serve basis depending on your tee time.
- Push Carts will NOT be available to rent.
- If you’d like to ride a golf cart a member of our staff will be located near the carts and will point you in the proper direction. Keys will be in the carts. Our staff will not be assisting players with bags at this time. When you’re done with your cart PLEASE empty it of any trash in a trash can and park in the normal cart return area.
- Upon arrival, please visit the front door of the golf shop (facing Finley Golf Course Road/First Tee/Ninth Green). All doors to the Golf Shop will be locked, however a member of the staff will greet you for check-in.
- If you need to purchase anything (cart fee, glove, golf balls, etc.) the staff member will process your Credit Card in the golf shop and provide a receipt upon request.
- We will NOT be accepting cash at this time.
- Continue to practice social distancing before, during and after play 6-10 feet between each other. Please refrain from congregating on the tee boxes, putting greens and in the parking lot.